Monday, February 2, 2009

Memphis Weekend ~ WOOHOO!

Last month, I had a quarterly work meeting in Memphis. I flew in early to spend the weekend with Tommy and my sweetness Goddaughters, Brittnee and Taylor. My beloved Nikon is in the shop (as it went ka-put while in Rwanda) so I had a cheap-o point and shoot that does not take good pictures. So... my apologies for the blurriness of the photos, but they are too cute to not include!

Tommy picked me up from the airport and we headed straight for Memphis finest BBQ at The BBQ shop. This, is of course, BEFORE the whole lose 52 pounds in 52 weeks mission began. And I timed it that way on purpose!


For good measure we started with the BBQ pork and cheese nachos. We passed on the fried pickles and ranch dressing... but probably would have indulged if we didn't have this coming...

Pork shoulder, half dry rub and half wet ribs, baked beans, slaw and Texas toast. How's that for a heart healthy meal?

Next stop was Brittnee and Taylor's house. I gave her a doll from Africa and a Madame Alexander doll for her 8th birthday (which is later this month!) A friend of mine who is a year older than Taylor passed on some of her favorite outgrown clothes. We had fun putting outfits together and walking the catwalk in the living room while Taylor strutted her stuff!

Here she is with her 3 babies. The one in the polk-a-dot dress was a Christmas present from me, and when I saw it I had to get it for her ~ she looks just like a mini Taylor!

Tommy and Brittnee are listening to my iPod and Britt is showing off her vocal talent. This girl can hear a song a couple of times and then have the whole thing memorized. She reminds me of my little sister and I. We did the same thing!

Taylor wanted to bring her dolls to the bowling alley. We compromised on her letting one tag a long.


Brittnee and Taylor at the bowling alley in Cordova. I didn't realize how expensive bowling is! Whatever happened to affordable family fun. You've got to rent the shoes and the lanes and by the time you're out of there it's over $50! Well worth it though... just to see the girls have fun. Quite entertaining!

Tommy provided the lessons. He's new to the whole hyper, girly, school age girls. He was a trooper though and very patient! He'd never admit it, but I know that he enjoyed the night! Who needs Beale Street when you can BOWL with a 7 and 13 year old?! He did comment on how, "well behaved and polite they are." Of course they are!


Oh yeah! The celebratory dance moves were all over the place tonight!



This after her (gutters up assisted) strike! GO TAYLOR!

I love my Brittnee. Even if she is growing up too fast and now has love interests!!!!


This is how you do it!


My girls

Rock on sistas!



Miss Diva Dolly had her bowling debut tonight.

One handed!


Uh-huh, uh-huh, UH-HUH!

Taylor was over the whole bowling thing and chilled on the floor.


And she's back! Strike a pose!!!

Strutting along...

Bowling king!

Heck yes!!!!!



We stimulated the economy a little more at the arcade...



The next morning we went to church. Taylor skipped, "little kids church," and sat next to me in, "Big Church."

After church Tommy took me to Ronnie Grissanti for lunch Yummy pasta and red velvet cake.

Sunday night I checked into my hotel to get ready for the work week. I had a great view of St. Jude. I LOVE my job!

So official!
Our meetings went well and there wasn't a shortage of food! Have I mentioned that a whole lot of eating goes on in these parts? Dinner from Corky's BBQ and a new place to me, Pearl's Oyster House on South Main in Memphis. And here, I did have fried pickles and ranch dressing. Along with seafood gumbo. Can't wait to start the d-i-e-t soon. Enough is enough, folks!
And here is, most definitely, the BEST Administrative Assistant, Marti! She is most often my brains and makes my job SOOOOOOOOOO mush easier! I love you, Marti! Thanks for all that you do!!!!!
And there you have it...
See you soon, Memphis!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The food looked good. Nice job on the run.
Tina