Saturday, June 28, 2008

I did it! It's over... WAHOO!!!!!!!!

So, today, I got the email that I've been waiting for. It was from my professor and read, "The Chief Academic Officer has approved your thesis! This is the final stage of the approval process!" This makes me very happy.

No more Statistics, Research Methods, or Test and Measurements. Now my weekends don't have to be spent writing papers or cramming for an exam. I won't have to pull my hair out having to redo my reference section for the thirteenth time in accordance with, "proper APA format." And best of all... I can now read and write whatever I want.

It feels so good to be done. So many times I wanted to "take a long break," to have my free time back. But deep down I knew that somehow life would get in the way and it would be that much harder to go back. I made a goal several years ago to earn a Masters... and I stuck with it. No more school for me!

The Board of Directors
The President, Faculty and Graduating Class
of
Walden University
announce that
Melinda Marie Hughie
will be conferred the degree of
Master of Science in Psychology in General Psychology
with a specialization in Clinical Child Psychology
Summa Cum Laude
at the Commencement Exercises
Saturday, July twenty sixth
Two Thousand and eight
at one-thirty in the afternoon
Northrup Auditorium
University of Minnesota Campus
Reception to follow ceremony


Since I didn't have an overwhelming need or desire to, "walk" at the Graduation Ceremony, my parents and I decided to take a trip. A cruise! To Alaska! We will leave at the end of August and I can't wait! I know we will have a fun and memorable trip.



YAHOO!

1 comment:

Jacob said...

Congrats on all of your hard work and happy Graduation girlfriend!!!