Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Atlanta Family Reunion Day 4 ~ World of Coca-Cola

My sister Janice was able to get us tickets to The World Of Coca-Cola through a rep that she works with.  Coca-Cola Classic (NEVER DIET) has always been my favorite.  A tall class with pellet ice in a Tervis Tumbler makes me a very happy girl.


The weather has been really nice this week.  This is welcomed as I had prepared myself for some good old fashion southern humidity.  We don't get along so well.  When I lived in Memphis I spent months on end in the indoors ONLY to avoid the heat.  I melt in the humidity.


On the way to our field trip, my sister in law Julie's car started acting up.  All six of us piled into the five seat Toyota Prius Rental Car.  I got the honor of making the trunk of the car my seat.  I layed down flat and didn't mind being a passenger in the trunk (that) much.  



The boys, in true Caleb and Mason fashion, ran around the grass until we were ready to rock and roll.  I don't know where they get all of their enegy.  I am thankful that they are happy and healthy little boys.


The indoctrination started before guests even stepped foot in the lobby.  It was Coca-Cola everywhere!  I loved the tall artsy bottles.



With the Polar Bear


We listened intently to the history of Coca-Cola and had a good dose of marketing.

We got to watch the bottling process, which was pretty cool.




We watched a 3D movie (and the seats moved at random causing collective gasps) and then headed to look at some art.


Our tour ended with having to sample over 60 different varieties of beverages made by Coca-Cola.





The boys were in their element with all of the sugary goodness.  We got to take home a souvenir glass bottle of Coca-Cola and grabbed a few necessities at the gift shop as we exited.

I can now check that one off my list.  And long live Coca-Cola Classic!

No comments: