Friday, June 4, 2010

Savannah Georgia ~ Part One

After dropping my mom off at the Atlanta airport to fly cross country to be with Dana and newborn baby Elle, my dad I headed to Savannah, Georgia for the Johnson and Johnson wedding.  Our good friend Heather (Johnson) is marrying Mike Johnson in their favorite town, Savannah, Georgia.


I walked down to the lobby for breakfast and spotted the Savannah Morning Newspaper. The St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's DREAM HOME sticker caught my eye. I love when St. Jude awareness is promoted across the nation.


My dad and I stayed at The Marshall House Guest Hose in Historic Savannah.  It served as a hospital for wounded soldiers back in the day AND is said to have a few friendly ghosts.



When we entered our room we were greeted by these adorable gift bags FULL of awesome goodies!

A guide book, moon pie, fan, coca-cola and some Savannah souvenirs ~ definitely all so Savannah!


My dad I set out on a walking tour to take in some of the historic sights. (In between rain storms).



<><>


I LOVED all of the architecture.


The Juliette Low house, the founder of Girl Scouts, took me back to my Girl Scouts Day. I was a Brownie and then Girl Scout in First - Fifth Grade and my leader, Mrs. Dull helped to create so many memories for our troop!







I'm loving this time in Savannah. I'm looking forward to doing some more exploring tomorrow before Heather and Mike's wedding tomorrow night.

No comments: