Sunday, April 27, 2008

Prayer of St. Francis


"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;

Where there is injury, pardon;

Where there is doubt, faith;

Where there is despair, hope;

Where there is darkness, light;

Where there is sadness, joy;

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life."


St. Francis was born at Assisi in 1182. After a care free youth, he turned his back on inherited wealth and committed himself to God. Like many early saints, he lived a very simple life of poverty, and in so doing, gained a reputation of being the friend of animals.



2 comments:

Zhohn said...

Oh my goodness. I just posted this same prayer!
How awesome.
May you have a wonderful, blessed week.
Zhohn

Steve sculpts critters said...

I'm a friend of animals. I make them in bronze.
http://www.steveworthingtonart.com