Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What's that smell?


Last Spring my sister, mom and I went to a Perfume Extravaganza at Nordstrom. They had over a hundred vendors with samples and gift sets of all of the top selling and specialty frangrances. I chose Angel as my perfume and was excited to get it personalized by an artist who painted the bottle.
I've worn it a few times, have received comments from friends... "What are you wearing?" and "I can smell your perfume."
This weekend Ziad kept saying, "I keep smelling this smell... did you swith deodarants?" I became paranoid. Took a shower... changed my clothes... put on perfume.... "Nope! You still smell!"
"How can I smell? I just showered and put on perfume!"
"Let me smell your perfume..."
Ziad smells my Angel ~ the one in the pretty bottle.
"Yes! That's it! It smells terrible... I can't stand it! Smells like you need to wear deodarant!"
I couldn't get to Nordstrom fast enough to exchange that perfume. I told the sales woman that the perfume, "reacts funny to my body chemistry," and I wondered if I could exchange it for something else.
She smiled and said, "It's not just you. I've always thought that Angel smells like BAD BODY ODOR!"
She kindly exchanged it and recommended I stick with something, "a little fresher."
Thank you, Ziad... who knows how long people have been offended!


No comments: