Thursday, June 11, 2009

A great day in Portland

I'm spending a few days in Portland, Oregon. First stop: Lindsey, Mark and Dylan's house! I've seen my best girl Lindsey 3 times in the past 9 months. And this makes me a very happy girl! I HATE that I live so far away from my High School and College friends. They truly are rare gems and I love our reunions!

Dylan Jackson is 2 now and is even more of a chatterbox energizer monkey! I brought him a Thomas the train set and some Matchbox construction trucks. It was so fun to see him squeal in delight and get on the floor and entertain himself with elaborate conversations with his toys.

Lindsey's parents stopped by for a morning coffee as they head south on a road trip. I've known them for almost 14 years and they are very neat people. They are very involved in their children and grandchildren's lives and it's obvious by Dylan's reaction to them that they are very loved!


I love you, Dylie Jack!

Some serious dramatic play with the bulldozer (Dylan calls it a, "Bull-shure-shure) and "rock mover."

We hit Pioneer Place for some browsing and lunch. I love the fish decor in the parking garage! Very Northwest-y!

Dylan loves anything sour... lemons or limes! He makes the cutest pucker face!

I called Leah this morning and we had a spontaneous reunion! Leah was my YMCA little sis through the Big Brothers / Big Sisters Program at Oregon State University. I met her when she was in Kindergarten and now she's a Sophomore at Portland State University! Nine years have gone by since I graduated from school! WOW! You can read more about our bond here. Leah is just as intelligent and mature as I remember and is beautiful and successful. What a gal!

Linds and I. We both somehow managed to get stains on our shirts today. Such is life with a toddler I guess. I understand a little better why moms have, "mom clothes."

The Thomas Family!

I encouraged Lindsey and Mark to have a date night tonight... offering to cook dinner and put Dylan to bed. They took me up on my offer! My "cooking" was Fred Meyer shells and cheese and "putting to bed" involved chasing Dylan until he tired and then reading stories on our bellies. He's fast asleep now and I'm heading there too!
I'm looking forward to a fun filled weekend!

No comments: