Sunday, June 14, 2009

One last day in the Northwest


I had to get out of bed this morning. And let me tell you if I could have I would have stayed in bed a wee bit longer. My toes hurt. My nose hurt. And everything in between. Olivia brought me Advil to my bedside and that is never a good sign.

Tirza was busy in the kitchen making homemade from scratch waffles with oatmeal and do-it-yourself wheat and fresh strawberries from the garden. Far superior to my frozen Eggo's. She's domestic like that.

We headed out to Mt. Angel to pick strawberries. The above picture is the Mt. Angel Monastery. Monks chant several times a day.

Hand picked strawberries are 75 cents a pound.

You're looney if you think I was squatting down to hunt for berries. Olivia and Tirza enjoyed themselves and I took it all in behind my camera lens.

Olivia and her new hardware ~ braces! She's on her way to an even more gorgeous smile!

Tirza will freeze the berries and then can them. She cans. I don't can.


Our next stop was the Oregon Garden Resort. It is beautiful and I have to find a reason to stay there on my next trip up North.



Inside the lodge.


Shane and the girls came home from their Central Oregon weekend just after we arrived. I loaded up Mira and Annah with outfits for their American Girl Dolls and cheerleader outfits and pompoms for Halloween. Shopping for girls is my favorite!

Go! Fight! Win!

Annah Pearl!

The night rounded out with meeting up with Dana and riding back to Portland. We joined her hubby Nick and our brother Ken to watch the Lakers Playoff at Buffalo Wild Wings. I met a guy from the LA area who ran the same half marathon yesterday. He's run 13 and confirmed that yesterday's was the hardest one yet. Now I feel a *little* better of my slacker-dacker-ding-dong achy body-ness!

A jam packed long and fun weekend. I love Oregon and get to go back next month for Sonia's shower. My future sister-in-law is having her bridal shower the same weekend as the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show. So I just had to book a flight! My friend Carolyn will be coming along too. Her first trip to Oregon. I can't wait to show her my old stomping grounds and the beauty and awesomeness of the Beaver state!

No comments: