Saturday, August 30, 2008

Day #3 ~ Cruising

So you know how I'm (NOT) an aspiring chef and all.... guess who volunteered to make a Grand Marnier pound cake frosted with cream and strawberries... right next to the Head Executive Chef? ME! My camera wasn't cooperating so the pictures are blurry....

All was well until I had to transfer my masteriece to the plate and then there was some slippage. But by all reports... it still tasted good!

My finished cake ~ the amateur!

And the proffesional's!
After the cooking demo we spent the day exploring the ship. Reading, Resting, and just a little (lot) of eating here and there.

The pool / solarium

The Windjammer Cafe... where the buffets are stocked for breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack and the midnight buffet.

The formal dining room

The grand staircase into the formal dining room

A view of the center


Mom and Dad

The third wheel

Cruise Director Dave and I
We enjoyed a great show tonight, The Piano Man. The songs and dances were a tribute to Billy Joel, Barry Manalow (sp?) and Elton John
Tomorrow is Juneau and whale watching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures. Looks like an amazing trip. And you look so pretty with the long hair. I miss you.

Anonymous said...

from tirza