Thursday, August 28, 2008

Vacation Day #1 Vancouver, British Columbia

I met my parents in Vancouver, British Columbia today ~ we leave for Alaska cruise tomorrow. I had a rough start at John Wayne Airport. They canceled my flight! I explained that, "they had a problem" as I had a cruise ship departing tomorrow morning! They put me in a private car and flew me nonstop first class to Vancouver. I love air miles!

We stayed at The Sutton Place Hotel in downtown Vancouver. It's a beautiful and charming hotel and reminds me of European accomodations. Seeing as there were two twin beds, guess who got to sleep on the floor? My dad was nice to make me a nice cushy comfy bed made of down comforters and even gave me reign of the sleep timer on the remote control!

We walked around town and ate dinner at Lombardos Itailian on Smithe street. I was very excited to hear the Pesto Gnocchi was the special ~ my absolute favorite!


Downtown Vancouver has awesome shopping. I love Roots store and visited a few....



And you know that you are in a "real" cool city when there's a Tiffany! No blue boxes for me this trip.

We ate dessert at Mondo Gelato. It was so delicious. A first for my small towner parents. I think they liked it!

Tomorrow we will take a taxi to the cruise ship dock and set sail. Can't wait!

No comments: