Sunday, September 27, 2009

hApPy BiRyHdAy 2 me! Thirty One-derful!

I spent my birthday volunteering at Comfort Zone Camp ~ an unbelievable camp for grieving children.

The camp is in the mountains of Malibu. A bunch of volunteers met up at Duke's in Malibu to help me celebrate my birthday!
Duke's is always highly recommended but I've never had the chance to go. In fact, it's one of my friend Tommy's favorites. And that boy knows food! (Think Memphis, Chicago, etc!) So, in our matching CZC t-shirts and camp weary bodies we took over the outdoor patio!

We arrived just in time to watch the sunset over the Pacific. It was a beauty!

Carolyn and I ~ I recruited her to be a CZC volunteer. I knew that she would be a perfect Big Buddy... and she was! We'll both be going back soon. What an amazing experience!!!

Happy Birthday to me! (And Ricardo looking on :O) )

Kim and I. Kim was the Camp RN, and lives in Long Beach. I'm looking forward to hanging out at the beach with her soon.

Comfort Zone Camp is the best! Thanks for helping me celebrate #31! I feel a tradition starting...

No comments: