Thursday, September 3, 2009

Maui bound courtesy of world's smallest plane

I was sure that had been sort of mix up when I checked in for my flight from Kona to Maui and learned that I was to fly on a 6 passenger plane. Panic. Fear. All was better after I bonded with my fellow passengers and resorted to a little pharmaceutic management.


My pilot. I think he may be 18. He turned out to have excellent aviation skills.

Flying into Maui


Pat and Sibyl picked me up from the airport. They are my parents best friends from high school and have always been in my life. We had a superb meal at Cheeseburger In Paradise in Lahaina. Our table had a great view of the ocean.

I settled into my condo and reunited with my siblings and many family friends.

Today is my sister Janice's birthday. A birthday in Maui? Sweet! My brother-in-law treated us to a dinner at Roy's. We enjoyed a Hawaiian Fusion meal.

Dana and I and our soon to be sister-in-law, Sonia

Dana and Nick

Ken and Sonia

My dad making a toast to his favorite oldest child, Janice.

Make a wish!

Tomorrow we will all be beach bums and then celebrate at Sonia and Ken's Rehearsal Luau. I heart Maui!

No comments: