Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dia SIETE ~ Cabo San Lucas, BCS Mexico The yocal locals...

The sun is back and the Kathi / Cathi's and I are headed to downtown for an encore of Senor Sweets!

Esperanza Court overlooking the marina in downtown Cabo

I'm loving the sun kissed bronze... not loving the shiny shine glow. Evidence of the heat.

Gelato and fruit for our breakfast appetizer...

...followed by the prized Mexican french toast!

We had to try the eggs and pancakes.

and we are saving room for dessert for tonight. :O) I love vacation diets! LOL
Kathi and I convinced Cathy that we needed to do a little shopping. She only did a few (not so subtle) deep sighs to let us know that we needed to wrap things up and head back to Sunset beach!

All of that work warranted a little poolside nap. How cute are the love birds?

On the bus. Typical of Bob and MMH. I'm in the back making bff's with strangers and Bob is sitting silently pretending he's not with me.

We headed back to the hotel in search of some real Mexican food. As in non-resort, what the local yocals eat. Along the way, we passed the Cabo fire station. You don' think I would just pass by, did you? I may have a "thing" for firefighters (bomberos).

Kathi and the fire station dog.

I showed some restraint and did not ask to take a slide down the pole.

...nor did I ask to try on the turnout gear. (I did in Japan! :O) And have the photos to prove it!)



The night shift yelled out to Kathi and I and asked us to come back tomorrow to bailar (dance!) But tomorrow we are Los Angeles bound. Que lastima!

After walking for awhile off the beaten path (and Bob and Cathy questioning our judgment for going just a little further) we arrived at the local joint that Kathi recommended.

Kathi is all smiles to have found PAPAS MIXTAS!

Papas mixtas are large baked potatoes with Chihuahua cheese, butter, chunks of carne asada and corn. Delicioso!


We knew that we were in the right spot when we were the only gringos in the restaurant. These cutie patooties came over to chat at our table.

Kath and I couldn't resist checking out the homemade tortillas and posing for a photo.

Tomorrow we fly back to Los Angeles. Hopefully we can cram in one more Mexican meal on the road. I'm not ready to return to schedules, electronics, lean cuisines and real work. Time to plan my next getaway!!!! :O)

No comments: