Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl ~ GEAUX SAINTS!

All hail the queen! Queen Latifah kicks off Superbowl XLIV. It was great to see all of the celebrity supporters of St. Jude involved in this year's game.

My sister and brother-in-law hosted their annual Superbowl party. In lieu of birthday bashes and/or Christmas parties, they pull out all of the stops to party on Superbowl Sunday.

My sister was rooting for the Colts and I was for the New Orleans Saints. Mainly, because of my support of Reggie Bush, who is a huge supporter of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Carrie Underwood loves St. Jude too! I loved her version of The Star Spangled Banner almost as much as I loved Jennifer Hudson's! Last year my sister and brother-in-law won tickets to The Superbowl! Pre-party, awesome seats at the game and post parties too. LUCKY!

Appetizers and desserts were a-plenty. As were football pools. My dad won a round! Doesn't Eric make a nice food model?

Lulu and Dane

My dad and (other) brother-in-law, Nick. Nick was in town this weekend so got to partake in the festivities. (Dana is at home, nesting... doing "Baby Elle" projects).

Authentic Mexican food in the backyard!

Some of the desserts. the brownies closest to us, Pam brownies, are the best I have ever tasted (er, devoured?) They have as much frosting as brownie, and that's all good in my book.

Classic. Skinny, size double zero South Orange County gal scarfing down Pam Brownies. And this is why I loathe going to the gym. No matter how many miles I jog, classes I sweat through, or crunches I complete, I will NEVER be able to scarf desserts and be skinny. Ever. Thank you very much, metabolism.

And ending with the amazing Bartender, Chris.

Cheers to the only day a year where I actually watch football. And congratulations to The New Orleans Saints!

No comments: