Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sonia's Bride-to-be Bridal Shower

Today Sonia's sister and mom hosted her bridal shower outside of Portland. It was great to meet many of Sonia's family and friends ~ many who will be joining in the festivities of their destination wedding in Maui this September!

Of course you know that I was downstairs playing with her little cousins. We were having gymnastics lessons and having a good old time while the women upstairs gabbed about the rainy Portland weather and the upcoming wedding in paradise.

These are Sonia's cousins and her baby nephew, Elias.

I love this classic pose of my mom. It's as if we're Italian with her hand gestures and expressions!

Sonia's mom cooked amazing Lebanese cuisine.


We're missing Janice and Julie... but here are 4:6 of the Hughie women!

With Sonia's sister Nicole and Mom.

Look at this amazing cake! It was inspired by the Shower invitation. Inside was chocolate and strawberries. What a great idea.

Pretty Sonia and the dessert table

Nicole, Maria, (who I've decided will be my date to the wedding!), Elias and Ashton. I asked Maria if she is excited for the wedding and she told me, "I'm get to go because Sonia is special to me." How sweet! What a beautiful family!
Sonia (and Ken) scored with a lot of gifts from their registry. Now they'll have to do some entertaining to put all of their china to use!

So happy for you, Sonia! Welcome to the family!

No comments: