Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tina-tina-bo-beena...fee-fi-foe-feena...TINA!

24 hours with my sweet Tina Charlotte. Friends since we were toddlers. She's all grown up now. A wife and full-time mama of two ~ Everett, 2 and Blake, 3 months.

Friday afternoon was spent with Costco wraps, Bible song cd's, convincing her that I really could hold the baby (who is "mommy-centric!), taking photos and...sigh...a big fat NAP!

We caught up on life while swapping holding and playing with an itty bitty cutie patootie and a boisterous, intelligent, active toddler. Phew! My how times have changed over the past 27 years!!!

Last week I dug out the dvd's from my childhood. There is so much footage of Tina and I singing, dancing and being our theatrical self. My favorite is a solo that we sang in Church, circa age 8. Here are the lyrics:

M: "I don't ever want to grow up!"
T: "Why?"
M: "'Cause you can't play, you've got to work all day."
T: "I don't want to grow up either!"
M: "Why?"
T: "'Cause grown ups get too busy to pray..."

It keeps going and going. The hand motions and expressions on our face are so funny. We took learning our parts very seriously!

Good to see, Teener! You are an a-ma-zing mama and friend! Keep on keeping on and creating good endings!

No comments: