Sunday, August 9, 2009

Beloved Burger Bar Bliss...

I'm in Las Vegas this week for work visits. Kathi drove up to spend some time chillin' Vegas style. Unfortunately, she has to go home early tomorrow because her dog is having a bad case of vertigo (apparently K-9's get it too!) SO instead of lounging by the pool she will be heading the doggy neurologist. The joys of pet responsibilities.

BUT... we still had time to enjoy one awesome dinner together. We hit the Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay. It truly was the ultimate burger experience! Chef Hubert Keller's brainchild lives up to they hype!!!

This is not your average Hamburger Joint. Far from it! Think classic American burger on steroids. It's a foodie's playground! You pick your meat, gourmet toppings and bread. The fresh custom combo will not disappoint! (Do you see food critic in my future! :o) No hoitie toitie joints for me though...)

I had Kobe beef with caramelized onions, baby spinach and bleu cheese on a "plain" bun. OH! And I can't forget the a-ma-zing sweet potato fries. YUM-O! (Disclaimer: Staying true to my "embrace hunger" gentle nudge from my doctor, I did leave *some* on my plate... LOL)

Kathi with her creation.

The Twinkie Milkshake. This heaven in a glass actually has twinkie pieces mixed in! I shared with Kath and the 2 gals next to us. Diabetic coma alert but OH SO GOOD!

So next time you're in Las Vegas... make your way to Mandalay Place and experience Burger Bar. You'll exceed your suggested daily caloric intake for sure, but calories in Vegas don't count! :O)

No comments: