Saturday, April 10, 2010

Super Nanny ~ a night with seven cuties!

Britt and Ellie
My high school friends Dena and Robbie are staying in Arcadia this weekend for their cousins wedding. Dena asked me months ago if I'd be willing to hang with the kiddos the night of the wedding. I knew that Brittnee wouldn't mind being my sidekick, so I signed on for the task of "supervising" 7 children, age 10, 7, 5, 5, 3, 2 and 8 months.

Other than briefly LOSING 2 year old Isaac (in the red striped shirt) just before our shift officially began, things ran very smoothly. In our defense, Isaac was quietly playing outside while we were talking to the parents. All of the sudden there was no Isaac. He ended up in a neighbor's room ~ and the police had already been called when Dena quickly went to retrieve her youngest son! Isaac is the most articulate 2 year old I have ever met. He told us, as clear as day, how he accidentally went to the wrong room, 'cuz the all look the same!

We ate pizza, played tag, watched movies with popcorn, did a little swimming and had a grand Saturday evening!

Ella and Mia ~ Sisters

Kellen and Tyler ~ cousins.
It was fun to spend an evening with the offspring of old friends. Genetics are strong and there was no mistaking which child belonged to which family!
Thanks, Dena and Robbie (and Josh and Karly) for sharing your kidlettes with us for the evening!

No comments: