Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day at The Rose Bowl ~ The Granddaddy of them all!


My beloved Oregon State University Beavers lost their invitation / bid to the Rose Bowl when the Ducks prevailed with a final score of 37-33 in last year's Civil War. BUT my brother-in-law Nick and parents are HUGE Duck fans and season ticket holders. They were able to score two tickets for Tommy and I. Being that I might not ever have the chance to go to a Rose Bowl game again (tickets are hard to come by and sold for over 3x face value) we jumped at the chance to spring for the tickets at face value and enjoy the Pasadena festivities!

Ready to rock and roll! We tailgated and mingled with all of the crazed OSU Bucks and U of O Ducks.


Buck fanatic!

Duck fanatic!

This photo is for all of my Memphis friends! Elvis is apparently a football fan too!

Today was the first time that I got to see my baby sister Dana's prego belly. She's due this June... and has the cutest (tiny) baby bump!

Tommy. me, Julie (Nick's mom), Nick, Dana, a family friend, and John (Nick's stepdad)

The girls.

Captain Sully Sullenberger served as the Grand Marshal. I admire how he became a hero when he was able to ditch the US Airways flight in the Hudson River last January. All 155 people on the plane were saved. Remarkable.

A salute to the men and women serving America throughout the world happened just before the kick off. A flyover of four F-18 jets was performed from Squadron from the Naval Air Station in Lemoore, California.


Our seats were pretty sweet and we had a great view of the field.

OSU's marching band was excellent!

This made me smile.

The first sunset of 2010 was gorgeous. It was pretty breathtaking to see the beautiful hues dancing on the San Gabriel mountains.



The Bucks beat the Ducks. Which, although disappointing for all of the Oregon fans, meant that we got to leave during the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, speed walk on the golf course to my car and leave without having to sit in the notorious crazy gridlock traffic. And this made all of us happy.

No comments: