Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dia UNO ~ Cabo San Lucas, BCS Mexico


A few weeks ago my gal pal Kathi called to ask if I wanted to join her family friends Bob and Cathy as a guest in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I answered YES before my schedule was checked and my tickets were booked within minutes. Seriously! I was so disappointed to have to cancel my vacation in November,thanks to my friend the Swine Flu, and was so happy to be able to get time off work and trade in my old ticket for a new one.

After clearing customs and the multitude of Mexicans trying to shmooze and pitch a sale for the forfeiting of precious vacation time for time share presentations and touristy trips we secured a cab with Alberto. He agreed to chill in the cab with Bob while the gals stocked up on the necessary libations, food, and even a few bathings suits. $140 later we had enough "supplies" for the week and were headed to Sunset Beach.

Our lodging for the week is at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach compliments of Bob and Cathy. It is absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure that if we never leave the property we will have more than enough to keep ourselves relaxed and occupied. It's a 15 minute shuttle ride from the hustle and noise of Medrano Beach. And the tranquility will be perfect our week's agenda: no agenda!


The golf carts are the main mode of transportation around the resort, when not on foot.

Our condo was on the third floor and overlooked the Pacific Ocean on the Baja Side of the Western Peninsula.

And there is a jacuzzi on the patio! Whale watching from the jacuzzi? No freaking way!!!

The view of the hills of Montecristo Estates. My family stayed at a villa in November. Pretty sweet.

The adult pool.

A little jaunt to the Sky Pool to take a dip and enjoy the sunset.

The sky pool has a 270 degree majestic view of some amazing photo opps. I hear that you can literally see whales while in the pool. For real????



A full moon. Luna Bonita!

Kathi and I.

The pool is a bath water temperature infinity pool. Me gusta mucho!

Kathi walking back to the condo...

The view from my bed. I could get used to this.

Tomorrow we're going to check out Pacifica and plan on doing the drop and rot. My kind of day!

No comments: