Thursday, December 31, 2009

Home again, home again... jigidy jig...


Ok, so remember I mentioned that I had a, "slip" while on our Big Sur hike yesterday? Um, yeah. Woke up with a very ouchy backside (think tailbone!) and a massive large apple sized purple/red/green yuck bruise. Good times. It makes for a good story though.

We checked out of our B and B (sad face) and headed to the beach in Carmel with coffee and tea.


The water was a bit chilly for my bathwater temp preference.


The view of Pebble Beach

We drove the 17 mile drive to see the mini Hearst Castles... where the other half live. We stopped at all 21 points of interest of the Monterey Peninsula scenery.


Spanish Bay

Poppy Hills Golf Course. You'd better bring a bucket of balls.


Shepard's Knoll

Being goofy. The engagement photo that Tommy and I will never have! :O) (No engagement!)

Note to self... sitting photos accentuate tummy rolls and require lots of cropping before suitable. Next time stand behind subject.




The lone cypress

Pebble Beach


Tommy has been going on and on about his favorite drink, "bubble tea." We went to four bubble tea spots in Los Angeles and they were all closed between Christmas and New Years Day. So, alas, thanks to my Carmen the Garmin, we found bubble tea.


Bubble tea is characterized by a huge straw and big black balls of tapioca at the bottom of the cup. The balls are also sometimes called boba. The drink originates from Taiwan and is now popping up throughout the US.

I had green apple and Tommy had some self created blend. Is it bad to stay that Bubble Tea isn't my thing? I think I'm more of a straight tea, smoothie or milkshake kind of gal. But I did try it so that's all that counts, right?


The last sunset of 2009. Welcome 2010!

Tomorrow we'll meet my sister Dana, Nick and family for the 2010 Rose Bowl in Pasadena. Tailgating, football and sun? What could be better for the guys? I'll enjoy the people watching, seeing my sister's prego tummy and relaxing. Oh, and being a traitor and rooting for the Ducks instead of the my Alma mater The Beavers, for one day only!

No comments: