Friday, December 18, 2009

2009 Christmas Letter


Christmas 2009
What an incredible year ~ full of God’s goodness and grace. I am blessed beyond measure and thankful for the many opportunities and experiences that He gives me as I journey through this life. Many thanks to each of you for walking beside me and for all of the love and encouragement that you surround me with ~ I am appreciative for your presence and support!


I challenged myself to be more this year ~ to learn more, to give more, to laugh more, to push myself more and to LIVE more. I wanted to enter my 30’s striving to use my time, talents and treasures to the fullest. Little did I know that I would be stretched more than I thought possible and taken to new and exciting places.


I began serving in new areas. I became a volunteer for Comfort Zone Camp, a weekend program held in Malibu several times a year for grieving children . WOW! Kids have so much to teach us and it’s amazing that even in their brokenness they are able to grace others with perspective and wisdom. I also took a huge leap and joined The Saddleback HIV / AIDS Initiative and became a trained HIV tester and counselor. I enjoy being actively involved in a cause that is very close to my heart.


I was fortunate to travel quite a bit. Although I bicker that I’m single and without a family of my own (YET), I do realize that I am able to, just get up and go, and am taking full of advantage of this while I am able. I spent time with my precious sweet God daughters (and old St. Jude / Church friends too!) several times in Memphis. Tommy and I took a cruise to the Southern Caribbean (St. Lucia was my favorite!) in the spring and ventured to the amazing city of Chicago last August. I had a reunion with my soul sisters Lindsey, Tirza and Olivia in Portland TWICE in one year and also relaxed in my home town paradise. I spent a week at Mt. Shasta cheering on my friend Kathi on her climb. My brother Ken and Sonia’s Maui wedding was the perfect excuse to tack on a week of vacation to a Hawaii work trip. (Somebody has to work the Hawaii territory!) I had to cancel my trip to Cabo San Lucas for JulieAnna and Steve’s wedding due to the Swine Flu. BOO! But will get there another time, God willing!


I celebrated my 7th year with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. I continue to absolutely LOVE my job as a Philanthropic Advisor and have been touched by many of the sweet Hospital supporters that I visit. Especially with the economy, I never take for granted that I have a job and am doubly blessed to get to do meaningful work to further St. Jude’s mission.


I pray that all of you are blessed with good health, time with those that you love and the desires of your heart in 2010. I am grateful for friends and family ~ new and old. Please keep in touch and when you are in my neck of the beach (HA!) you’d better let me know! :O)
God’s peace,

Melinda Marie


Joy to the world for the PRINCE
of PEACE has come….

No comments: