Saturday, December 26, 2009

Tommy's 30th Baseball Birthday Bash

Tommy turns 30 this weekend and I just had to have a party for him! He's a major baseball fan (has been to / attended a game at all but a few West Coast MLB stadiums). It was fun to be a party planner but I won't be quitting my day job anytime soon. Tommy was a good sport about having his party guests consist of my friends and my family. :o)

A baseball cake with 31 candles... to celebrate 30 years and 1 to grow on.


I made (yes, as in assembled and then put the ingredients into the crock pot, supervised and then garnished...) tortilla soup...

...and served tamales, rice and salad too. Tommy made an Memphis style queso with spicy sausage, Velveeta and Rotel and we served it with authentic Mexican chips.

The boys and their brews... my mom and sister were here too, but hiding from the camera.

With Heidi and Carolyn.


A little guava rum from my parents. We searched for his favorite, Guava Berry... but I guess we'll have to go back to St. Maarten to enjoy that libation.

Tommy may be the one person that I know that hates presents. A puzzling phenomenon. But he didn't throw too big of a fit. I chose the theme, "something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read."

Doens't he look thrilled to be sung to? :O)



Tommy's angels. It was fun for me to have Tommy meet / spend some time with my best girlfriends. He's heard so much about them and vise versa and I loved watching all of the interactions.

Happy Birthday, Tommy! I hope that you enjoy your California birthday week!

1 comment:

Tirza said...

You look like a married couple already in that last picture! Soooo.... what did you decide?