Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Party with Saddleback Peeps

Last month I joined 13 others to become certified as an HIV rapid tester and counselor. We all serve on Saddleback Church HIV / AIDS initiative ministry and are becoming a tight knit group. Tonight we gathered for a small party and enjoyed desserts, conversation and a bit of caroling too.
Carol (who also lives up the street from me... shweet!), Danny and I. Danny is the HIV /AIDS Initiative Pastor and is the ring leader of us. Pray for him! :o)

With Valerie, Lisa and Laura. I am joining Laura's small group and am looking forward to getting together weekly to grow together.

Lani, Jan and I

With Laura

Little did Danny know...

With Kay (Warren)

Elizabeth played the harp. She is very talented and when she plays it seriously sounds angelic!

Kay and Elizabeth shared a few words. We talked, as a group, about what we have accomplished this year (training and our first HIV testing day!, care teams, etc...) and our dreams for the future. We all pray that, one day, there will be know more HIV / AIDS and future generations will read about this devastating news in history books!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

What an awesome oppurtunity to be involved in such a organization. Hope that you and your family Have beautiful New year.- Sincerely, Niocle (not too distant cousin)

melanie, aka Mo said...

Ok, look chick. I don't run a bit! I hardly walk A BIT! IS there any possible way I can do 13 miles in MARCH when I wont' have hardly any time to train?! Seriously, now! I will be glad to come down for moral support, (afterall Todd's parents live there and would LOVE to see the girls), but before I waste my money... can I DO THIS?! Mo