Monday, September 1, 2008

Day #5 ~ Juneau, Alaska

Happy Labor Day!


Mendenhall glacier




A Beaver dam

Mendenhall Glacier National Park

The Majestic Bald Eagle

Here her is... getting ready to.... POOP!

The teenage Bald Eagle


Taking flight




Captain Jack took us on a sea life tour. Just my dad, mom and I. What a treat!



The sea lions call this their napping tower...


This is my favorite picture of my dad this trip

And my mom...

Frolicking in the sea

The (Sea) LION KING

Just chillin'

I had vision of seeing real life SEA WORLD here today. Not so much. We did see several whales. But they are too fast to catch in their glory. When I caught glimpse of our first whale and snapped a picture, we joked that it was the $500 picture.

Lots of blow hole mist...


And here she is!
What a fun day today was! When you are on a cruise vacation it's like Christmas every day! You never know what to expect and most days it exceeds your expectations. What a beautiful state Alaska is, and I'm so grateful to experience God's beauty here.

The evening was two-time Olympic gymnast Lance Ringnald performed in the main show lounge, giving a demonstration of world-class gymnastics, spiced up with a little juggling and even a song on the piano. And if I can get my YouTube link to work, I'll link it next.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Wow great Pics. It sounds like you guys are having a blast :) Your very lucky, I went whale watching once and the boat only saw one whale, and it was on the other side of the boat so i didnt get to see it :/ Anyways i found a cool site that i think you will like, its called baraaza.com

Anonymous said...

I am a nature geek and enjoyed all your outdoor shots. Felt like I've been to Alaska now. :)
Teen