Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ode to Dave Matthews

The Dave Matthews Band continues to be one of my favorites. And when I think of high school and college it's his music that accompanies my memories. I own every album and have been to his concerts several times ~ He always puts on a great show.


And I love his lyrics....


“Turns out not where but who you're with that really matters.”

"What I want is what I've not got and what I need is all around me."

"Everybody wake up, if you're living with your eyes closed."

“See you and me have a better time than most can dream of, better than the best, so we can pull on through, whatever tears at us, whatever holds us down, and if nothing can be done, we'll make the best of what's around.”

"If you hold on tight to what you think is your thing, you may find you're missing all the rest."

"The space between the tears we cry is the laughter that keeps us coming back for more."

"I can't believe we would lie in our graves, dreaming of things we might have been."

"Celbrate we will, beacuase life is short but sweet for certain."


I hope that you are all having a great week. Wherever you are ~ whatever you are doing! Leave a comment for me if you are out there... :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree with you more...I love DMB too! Anytime I'm feeling down or uninspired, I put on my Live DMB album and all is well with the world. It must be a "Hughie Thing!"