Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Visiting Tina

Last month I had work visits throughout the Central Coast of California. I visited Pismo Beach, Arroyo Grande, Grover Beach, San Luis Obispo, Atascadero and Los Osos. A busy few days and lots of driving. But it was all worth it to spend a few hours with my oldest and dearest friend, Tina.
Tina and I met as toddlers in the nursery at St. John's Lutheran Church in Orange, Calfornia. We were the best of friends and created many memories through elementary school at St. John's and singing together in Church Mouse and Kantate Choirs. We danced together at Christine's Dance School, but had the most fun when we danced in my backyard day after day creating our own choreographed routines. (Hey Teen, Good ending!)
My family moved to a tiny Central Oregon town the summer after sixth grade. Tina and I have kept in touch and continue to be involved in each others lives. College, marriage and motherhood for Tina and Single life, "finding myself" and just living for Melinda.

Meet Everett Michael. He's 21 months and the pride and joy of Randy and Tina. Tina is a Stay-at-home Domestic Godess and Everett clearly benefits from his individual attention and multitude of activities with Mom.

We played in the back yard

And he opened some books that I brought him

I hear he likes The Fish book the best

He wasn't thrilled with his push toy... because

He wanted to help Daddy mow the lawn!
Thank Tina, for a fun night. And I'll catch ya' the next time we're in each others neck of the woods. Proverbs 17:17.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do flatter me. Thanks for the post. There is always a "good ending" when we are together! Through the years...
Love ya!
Teen