Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Traveling Trying Times

So this morning I took that BART (Bart Area Rapid Transit) to the San Francisco airport.

I get a little (*or a lot*) freaked out when the train goes through a long tunnel in the ocean before Embarcadero. Just knowing that if the train breaks down nobody could get out and there's no cell phone coverage and people are smelly on the train, and I have no food and it's hot in there and...) And wouldn't you know, today the train BROKE DOWN. But thankfully AFTER Embarcadero. They ended up returning to the station and wouldn't be able to continue the rest of their route.

I was stretched for time and opted to get a cab outside of the station. All of the taxis were full. All of them. I approached two fellow tourists and asked if I could share a cab. They agreed. Riding in a taxi with two strangers. Me in the front seat with the Asian cabbie with NO ENGLISH (he actually said that when we got in) and the two in the back who were seriously playing 20 questions with me.

I did make my plane ~ just barely and enjoyed a nice long snooze... Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it back.
Tina