Sunday, October 19, 2008

Backyard with Blake

Blake is 26 months old. I have known Blake since he was a newborn (and while he was in his mama's tummy!) and have been his "lala" (nanny) since then. He has a mind of his own, prefers his daddy to anybody else in the world, is the youngest of 4 highly energetic siblings and is so stinking cute!
He can usually be found with a nunu (binky) and a silky in each hand. A boy after my own heart.

This is the face he makes whenever he sees my camera out. It's complete with the sounds of, "cheeeeeeeessssssseeee.... cheeeeeeessssseeee!"

But I like this face better....


And love this one! Consider yourself a-okay in Blake's book if he graces you with a smooch. It isn't every day that he doles 'em out.

He' s always on the go and is usually standing on top of this little tykes car instead of riding in in bam-bam style

He looks so innocent here, with the folded hands and all. Truth is, if he gets irritated/annoyed/mad/feels threatened he is known to chuck whatever object is in sight at his tormentor. Shoes, wooden puzzle pieces, plastic fruit, remote control... it doesn't matter. And the kid has incredible aim. Just last week after a gourmet dinner at Fatburger he chucked his shoe from the backseat and hit his mom right smack dab in the middle of the temple. He got her attention and the volume to the dvd was promptly turned up, as requested.

But who couldn't love this sweet face? Those big brown eyes and smile?

I love you, Blake Ryan... you are my Boozy Booz!

1 comment:

melanie, aka Mo said...

Well hello there!
First.. wow! Didn't even know about Rick Warren's d-in-l. Keep me posted. Of corse I "know" him through Purpose Driven Life! That is awful. Next.. yoga in 100 degree heat wouldn't even tempt me! And finally, I scrolled through lots of pics of Memphis before I saw any of St. jude. I was about to say, "Hey, WHAT are you doing... in Memphis and no St. Jude?!" Then I saw it. So you are off the hook. In fact. very very off the hook when I saw your hotel room (1111). Hey Jake! Go visit Tommy the first weekend of December for the big race. TEAMJAKE will be there with bells on. MElanie