Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday, Lauren! American Girl Store

I spent an afternoon with my cousin Lauren and friends at the American Girl Place in Los Angeles. I was "too old" to start an American Girl collection but have always poured over the catalogs and imagined starting the tradition when I have a little girl. I had so much fun watching the excitement of the girls as we dined and then ran all over the store pining over the merchandise.

Here is the birthday girl, Lauren Elizabeth. She turns 5 this week. Her birthday wish was granted when she opened her first American Girl yesterday. She named her Elizabeth. And I know they are going to be friends! I hope she can compete with her love for Webkinz, Cinderella and puppies!

My main girls~ Carly, Brittany, Bailey and Lauren with their dolls

Best buddies. Carly and Brandon. Carly isn't much for dolls, but today she decided she might have to have one. She has her eye on Felicity.

Big sis and Little Sis ~ Carly and Lauren

Brittany and her doll, also named Elizabeth!

Carly

Two peas in a pod ~ Bailey and Lauren

What a cake!

Making a wish (but staying cautious and away from the candles!)

Pretty cute


Carly, Lexi, Brittany, Lauren, Bailey, Gigi and Phoebe

The neighborhood Posse

So may dolls, so little time...

They could be twins...

I couldn't leave today without making one small purchase for myself! Meet Taylor! She was my favorite of the babies... don't you think she's cute?

Happy Birthday Lauren and thanks for including me on your special day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's adorable Melinda! I remember my first trip to the American Girls store at The Grove..it was only last year but still magical. May we never grow up!!! = )