Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's all in the detail

I had my car detailed today. It was worth every penny. Considering that I drive clients around, it was long over due. I didn't expect much. Just a good washing and meticulous attention to vacuuming would have been nice. (YOU know what I'm talking about... using proper thing-a-ma-bob-bies to extract last year's french fries that were stuck between the seats... getting rid of the sticky goo in my cup holder from my leaking in-n-out burger cup...)

But when I picked it up this afternoon... it looked (and smelled) like a brand new car! Now if only I could get the outside to look that way. There are multiple lovely scars... from the stranger's cart that rammed into the front, or the oopsie long scratch from the garage door shutting on the back end, or the unfortunate time that I "grazed" the front on a center divider when at the gas station... or from the anonymous person who took a four inch deep divit right through the fiber glass... the car's got some character! But what do you expect with 80,000 miles and a whole lot of commuting?

So, how's that for an exciting blog? I. wrote. about. getting. my. car. washed. Lindsey, you should be proud!

Oh, and by the way... it is pushing 100 degrees this afternoon. Can someone say, "global warming?"

No comments: