Friday, October 3, 2008

The Danny Thomas ALSAC Pavilion and what nots

Today I spent some time on the St. Jude campus. I snapped some pictures of the Danny Thomas ALSAC Pavilion.

The life of Danny Thomas and the history of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital are commemorated in the Danny Thomas / ALSAC Pavilion, located on the campus of St. Jude.


The Pavilion has memorabilia of late entertainer Danny Thomas, founder of St. Jude. It is home to Emmy Awards and many accolades for Thomas' television show Make Room for Daddy, as well as other lifetime achievements.


One alcove in the Pavilion is dedicated to Thomas' life as a humanitarian, including an entire wall filled with hundreds of awards, honorary degrees and keys to cities that he received from admirers over the years. The Pavilion also houses Thomas' Congressional Gold Medal, the highest civilian award given by Congress.


Much is highlighting St. Jude's accomplishments in the fight against catastrophic childhood diseases. It also holds a lot ethnic history and successes of the American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities (ALSAC), the hospital's fund-raising arm.


This is the ceiling under the gold dome



Danny Thomas' mission for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital


And in Arabic


Danny Thomas and his wife, RoseMarie Thomas, are buried behind The Pavilion


The stained glass windows are beautiful in the chapel


The Last Supper is hand carved and above the altar

Tonight I have a work dinner. It's seems like all we ever do is eat and sit... and then repeat. Today we had Corky's BBQ for lunch, complete with slaw and beans and my favorite banana pudding that I couldn't resist. Afternoon snack were cookies and popcorn and God knows what caloric cuisine awaits us for dinner. I could have a little willpower ~ but then, that's just no fun. But, as God is my witness... Monday starts a whole new eating regime. I'm 30 now... time to get with the program!
I get to hang out with my good friend Tommy tonight.
And tomorrow I'm going to a wedding reception with my sweetnesses, Taylor and Brittnee! YEAH!!!!
Happy Weekend! "Wherever delights you, spend more time there."

No comments: