Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hot Yoga

Today was 8 hours of a really neat Relationship Building class for work. It was a whole lot of sitting, listening, thinking AND... what day in Memphis wouldn't be complete without a heck of a lot of EATING. Not only is our hotel the, "home of the chocolate cookie," but today was catered with a breakfast buffet, boxed lunch, and afternoon snacks ~ nachos, popcorn, and coke. Do you think I resisted temptation? Um no...

But...

I am taking contrary action...

My coworker / friend talked me into attending a Bikram HOT Yoga class here in Memphis. Have I ever done yoga? No. Do I have even a little bit of flexibility? No. Do I like to sweat? No. Do I enjoy being in a room that is intentionally over 100 degrees and exercise? No. Do I like wearing tight above the knee clothes. HECK NO!

The class is 90 minutes long. And per the website, it produces copious amounts of sweat and occasionally induces vomit. Sounds like fun, huh? I'll try anything legal once.

Check back tomorrow when I report back on the experience.

Somehow I don't think the nacho bar and chocolate cookies prior to the workout is advisable. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck...i hear it's great, you just have to try it MORE than once in order to like it!