Friday, November 7, 2008

Girls Night Out


I put myself out there tonight. My Rwanda trip leader, Justin, sent me an invitation to meet some girls at church that are around my age. It's part of the Epic ministry. I've been trying out the new service FUSE and really like it but haven't made much of an effort to get plugged in.
I hesitated about going tonight. The whole insecurity and fear demons kicked in and I almost talked myself out of going... it would require a whole lot less energy and be a lot more comfortable to just stay home, order take out and do MY thing. I worked all day, had a not so fun doctors appoitnment and was t-i-r-e-d. BUT... I took the risk, drove to the parking lot and introduced myself to the other girls waiting. Turns out there were several other, "newbies," as well as those who new each other.
We had 20 girls show up and had a GREAT fun night eating at three different houses and then playing some heated BUNCO. It was refreshing to spend an evening with girls who can talk openly about life, share about how they are involved in providing support to each other and who share the common love for God and serving Him.
I'm looking forward to our next Girls Night Out! Don't expect me to be hosting a dinner or anything that extravagant... but I'll be there... with bells on!
God is good!
Jeremiah 29:11!




No comments: