Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm just minding my own business when...

My neighbor approaches me at the gym. I'm on the elliptical, counting down the minutes until I get to ditch the gym. My iPod is playing my marathon playlist and I'm feeling pretty good. And then she opens her mouth.

Neighbor: What happened to you?

Me: What do you mean, what happened to me?

Neighbor: You were doing so well.

Me: Are you saying that I look like I've put on some pounds? Is it that obvious?

Neighbor: Well yeah. I can tell. You must have stopped running.

Me: (Nervous laughter.) Guess I've got to work out a little harder.


And I put my earphones back on and carry on. I wonder if she's related to Mr. Cruise ship hair stylist. He's the one who complimented me by saying, "You are beautiful. You could be a model if you exercised and lost 40 pounds." Must have been a language barrier. Ouch.


Sometimes honesty IS NOT the best policy.

God help me. Fast!
"If you can't make me skinny, please make my friends fat."




1 comment:

Rachel and Jared said...

How RUDE!!! It has been good to hear from you and catch up on your life. Keep up the good work.

Rachel