Saturday, December 13, 2008

I'm home! Back from Rwanda! Imana Shimwee!

With the giraffes!

Hi all!
I'm so excited to blog about my adventures in Africa! It was the trip of a lifetime and has changed me in more ways than I ever anticipated. I snapped over 1,000 photos and will be highlighting my trip very soon.

I picked up a nice gift for myself... a very nasty parasite / amoeba / bacterial infection. It's required two trips to the Hospital (once in Rwanda and once at home). Thanks to IV fluids / meds and some hefty antibiotics anti/parasites I am feeling better, but still pretty weak.

So, check back soon and hopefully I will have made some blogging progress.

Thank you for all of your prayers over my trip. God certainly blessed me and my team and I'm forever grateful.

My best,
Melinda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Melinda. What a wonderful trip. I am sure you'll have a life long impact on many that you met. You did such an excellent job of sharing it in this blog:-)H&K are lucky to have such a wonderful person in their life. Robin