Friday, December 12, 2008

Day #13 ~ Back to Kigali



This morning we headed back to Kigali and left the serenity of the retreat and returned to the, "big city."
I'm not feeling well at all at this point. Lots and lots of tummy troubles!


We visited a clinic and Hospital today for Pediatric Orthopedic and HIV patients.


The kids were so happy to see us and were very playful. It broke my heart to see them stuck in bed... many in traction and many casts with pins and contraptions.


This little guy melted my heart! He was so excited to have his picture taken and wanted to play! I love how kids can still smile regardless of pretty terrible circumstances.


So beautiful

Resting up before Physical Therapy

We brought a sophisticated, "paint by number" project. One already completed and one ready to go for the kids!

All of the wheelchairs and prosthetics are very old but still seem to do the trick.


Specialized chairs for children are made at the clinic.


GQ Justin ("Justeeny")

We headed to a local area where crafts are sold. These two pictures are among my favorites!

Tomorrow we fly home. Back to the USA. And I will return to Rwanda!

No comments: