Saturday, May 9, 2009

An afternoon with Jake...

I had to make a trip to Brawley, California to stand before the judge for a, "traffic violation." I was ready to plea my case and hope that I would be blessed with a warning, when Mr. (not so courteous) CHP officer did not show up to court and the judge graciously dismissed my ticket. I was relieved to have dodged a hefty fee and / or a traffic school experience.

I stopped at my parents house in Borrego Springs to have some family time. Family time equals time outside playing with Jake. Jake, like his papa, would go 100 miles an hour all the time if he only had the chance.

I was burning cd's when I felt his paw constantly tapping my knee. I looked down and he had a cd in mouth, ready to play catch.


I had to confiscate his new toy as I feared that he would shatter it and cut his mouth. And that would mean a sure hiatus from his daily fetch fests.

I have to show y'all Jake's (seven second) debut of showing off his mid air form while catching a ball....



...And then diving to the bottom of the pool to retrieve his toy. Take note of his balletic pointed toes.

Jake and my parents head back up to Oregon next week. Since it was 116 degrees in the desert this week, I guess it's time for them to return to the beauty and moderate temperatures of Central Oregon. When the plants are dying and my dad can't play 17 holes of gold, it their cue to head back up North! Who would have thought that my parents would ever be snow birds?

No comments: