Friday, May 22, 2009

Am I the only one who's never seen Dirty Dancing?

That changed tonight! I saw Dirty Dancing live on stage at the Pantages Theatre! My parents forbid me to watch it when I was under their censorship ~ and now I know why as there are a few "mature audience" themes. I suppose if I were the adult, anything with Dirty next to Dancing in the title would probably be vetoed too.

I never had the occasion to watch it once I became a, "grown up." So seeing the classic story take the stage gave me a good excuse to see what all the fuss is about. It's like I somehow missed out on the movie that everybody has seen. Deprived for sure.
The dancing was great and the set designs were even better.

My friend Rachel, who was my healing circle leader at Comfort Zone Camp, is a season ticket holder with her daughter, Mickey. Mike (also in my healing circle) and I joined in on the fun. And now, we're hopeful to catch a couple of other shows in the lineup. I love the theatre!

Mike and I bought,"the cheap seats," but when we went to pick up the tickets from Will Call, we were upgraded to the sixth row. SWEET! I knew it wasn't worth the $100+ Orchestra seats! I love it when that happens...

Me, Mike, Mickey and Rachel at The Pantages Theatre

We ate dinner at Kung Pao Kitty Asian Eatery on Hollywood Boulevard. It was good stuff. All of it. We reminisced on how awesome our experiences were at camp. We realized how much we really didn't get to know each other on an adult level as we had 8 year olds (literally) glued to our hips for the entire weekend. We'll all be back at camp this summer and are looking forward to more awesomeness!

AND now we have shows (Fiddler on the Roof and Legally Blonde) to enjoy together.

No comments: