Thursday, May 14, 2009

Deja Vu ~ Chapman University's Spring Dance Concert

Back in my Christine's Dance Studio Days, our annual dance recital was at Chapman. I thought I was pretty hot stuff doing my I Feel Pretty and Love Shack numbers on a real stage in front of a real (even if just family) audience.
I've been intentionally seeking out local opportunities to see the arts. I did a google search last week for shows in Orange County and was pleasantly surprised to not be too late to catch Chapman's end of the year Spring Dance Concert.
I recruited my friend Z. to meet me there. I talked it up by saying, "I know it's going to be phenomenal. You know you want to go. I'll go alone if I have to... but..."

Neither of us were disappointed. Such talent! The program was all choreographed by (I hear) Seniors in the Dance program and danced by Dance majors. It was very impressive. I signed up to hear about future shows. I want to take advantage of seeing their music shows too. Ten bucks? Way better (and hard to believe cheaper) than catching a movie.

Chapman's campus is beautiful. These fountains have a column which reads, "Intellectual. On the highway of life make the flame of wisdom your guiding lamp. The comfort of confidence, your constant companion." Deep stuff...

No comments: