Friday, April 10, 2009

Vegas with Kathi ~ and Cirque du Soleil's KA

I was back in Vegas this week for work. My friend Kathi flew in for a night and we had an incredible Girls Night out! After lunch at Wild Oats we hit Fashion Show Mall and went shoe shopping. I've been on the hunt for some shoes for my brother and Sonia's wedding. I found them at a great Macy's sale and will put them to good use this summer. They are black funky peep show wedges that are different than what I'd usually wear... but I love 'em! :O) Kathi found some good finds for work attire and loved my bargain shopping technique!

We ate dinner at Maggiano's. Kathi and I were agreement on the gnocchi and steak and Gorgonzola salad. I love gnocchi... but usually only have the Trader Joe's put-the-bag-in-the-microwave-and-cook variety.
We splurged on tickets to Cirque Du Soleil's KA. Although pricey, it was very entertaining. It's different than Mystere and La Reve that I've seen. It's more of a story and follows Imperial Twins, separated by war. There is, as always, impeccable attention to detail, design and incredible choreography. The costumes and makeup was amazing as were the acrobats, trapeze artists and dancers. I'm in awe of how flexible and talented the cast is... I can't even to a single cartwheel!
After the show...

I'm going to recruit Kathi to come to Vegas with me next time! Many more Cirque du Soleil shows to see!

We couldn't leave without making a few contributions to MGM via Jackpot Party. I played for nearly an hour on $1.00! I didn't walk out a winner, but had no remorse seeing how I didn't make much of an, "investment."

On the drive home Friday afternoon we made a few more shopping stops and I found some bargain basement values for Kathi. 6 pairs of shoes and much apparel later we were back on the 1-15 south homeward bound. And... surprisingly, had no Easter weekend traffic. Yea, for good timing!

No comments: