Thursday, April 30, 2009

Off to see my crazy Louisiana family!

I took advantage of redeeming a frequent flyer award ticket and headed to Louisiana to spend time with some of my very favorite people, The Schexnayders and Momo Monkey. We met many years ago while Zoie was being treated for Neuroblastoma at St. Jude. Although Zoie was never, "my" patient, she somehow managed to steal my heart and I became very close to her parents, Chastity and Travis and her grandma, "Momo Monkey."

Zoie WON her battle with cancer in July of 2004 as she danced into Heaven as a "forever four" angel; free from cancer and the pain of this world.

Our first stop was dinner at The Waffle House for some grub. If you're going to experience the whole southern experience you can't be calorie conscious!

This is Mason Jude. He was miracle baby #2 to join the Schexnayder clan. He's two and bright, funny, and stubborn as ever.... much like his big sister!


I brought the boys an outfit and stuffed animal, both MONKEYS! Zoie named her grandma, "Momo Monkey," and now monkeys are ever present in their home. Mason calls them, "ooo ooo ah ah's!"

And this is miracle baby #3, Memphis James. He was the bonus baby that rounds out the family. He's four months old and seriously the calmest, non fussy, rolly polly, cuteness!

We have lots of togetherness bonding to do over the next four days and I can't wait!

No comments: